Deuterium & Tungsten Lamps
Heraeus has designed a series of tungsten halogen lamps and deuterium lamps that set them apart from other lamps on the market. Their tungsten halogen lamps are specifically intended for use in analytical applications, and the new deuterium lamps combine a lifetime of more than 2,000 hours with unmatched output stability and intensity over their entire life.
- The "Enhanced Lifetime Performance (ELP)" technology for Heraeus with a high transmissive synthetic quartz envelope, maintain twice the residual intensity compared to standard D2 lamps at the end of life. The patented ELP coating protects the light emitting part against degradation caused by VUV radiation and reactive plasma components.
- See-through versions of all lamps available
See-through lamps offer a straight-line arrangement of a tungsten halogen lamp and a deuterium lamp in an optical system. Simplification and cost reduction of UV-Vis spectrophotometers can be achieved using this approach, for example, by elimination of a moveable mirror or a semi-transmissive beam splitter. See-through lamps offer the same unmatched high stability and are available with the same diversity of heater voltages and aperture sizes.
- Different spectral ranges available:
lamps are available either with UV glass envelope (cutting edge 185 nm) or with high transmissive quartz envelope (cutting edge 160 nm), providing maximum performance depending on your applications or instrument design.
- Heraeus has designed a series of tungsten halogen lamps (TH) specifically for use in analytical applications. Special quartz envelopes enable high transmission below 380 nm and the position of the tungsten filament is closely controlled through precise alignment.
- The lamps offer high colour temperature, luminous efficacy and long life. TH lamps are filled with a halogen gas mixture specific to their final application and range from 5 W – 200 W, with typical lifetimes of more than 2,000 hours. Lamps can be designed and built according to OEMs specific requirements, such as colour temperature, voltage, wattage and mechanical tolerances. Each lamp fit for purpose, ready finished to drop into the instrument. No pre-selection required.